Forest street night market, Jeju #수목원길야시장

January 08, 2020


There was this little food truck that I have been seeing all over Korean travel programs and Korean food programs. The unique thing about these food trucks in Jeju, they will open for business on a random spot every day and update their location on their Instagram page. I was beyond delighted when I found out that the food truck that I really wanted to try, called Waikiki Jeju 와이키키제주, also operates in a small night market called 수목원길 야시장(Forest street night market) every night.

So we drove down to this small night market, expecting it to be a quiet and peaceful night market. To our surprise, it was very happening! The mood and decoration of the night market were kind of beautiful and romantic. With the dim lights hanging all around the trees, small wooden tables and chairs and a whole row of unique little food trucks along the street, I literally felt like I was dining in a magical forest.

The rows of food trucks.

I am glad that Waikiki Jeju brought us to this night market, or else we wouldn't have known that this small awesome area even existed!

We ordered their most popular set menu, which consisted of one grilled beef steak, with a side of roasted garlic and salad, corn soup, and french fries. It set us back for 15,000KRW.



I am not being biased but it was as good as I had expected or better. It was super delicious.
Besides the steak, we also bought one of the 'IT' food in the night market. The giant turkey leg.

A normal-sized hand for reference.

When I say it is gigantic, I am not kidding. The meat was tender, smokey and well-spiced. However, to me, the best thing about this dish was the honey mustard sauce. It complimented the turkey really well. I normally do not eat mustard but this was an exception. The turkey leg was so huge that both of us could not finish it, unfortunately.

A second round of convenient store food back in our accommodation.

If you are going to Jeju anytime soon and have some extra time to spare, you might want to think about giving this night market a visit!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.