Watercolour Painting Cafe, Peach Gray #피치그레이 #수채화카페

February 16, 2022

I was looking for something fun to do one weekend and since the weather is still very much freezing cold for my Malaysian soul, a fun indoor activity is preferable. I hate going to the malls during the weekend because of the crowd and Korea's daily confirmed cases are nowhere near under control, so no malls or crowded places. 


I am still very fascinated by the variety of cafes that Korea offers. From flower cafes, room cafes, comic book cafes, pet cafes to board game cafes. After a few searches on the web, I came across this very cute watercolour painting cafe in Jamsil, called 피치그레이 Peach Gray. Apparently, they also have another branch near Gangnam/ Sinnonhyeon station. I went to the one in Jamsil as I figured it would be less crowded over there compare to the Gangnam/ Sinnonhyeon branch. But boy, I was mistaken!


The best thing about this cafe is, there is no time limit in which you are allowed to stay in the cafe and they provide watercolours, brushes, pencils, paper (additional paper at 300KRW) at no extra cost! You just have to order at least one beverage per person and food is not compulsory, and you are good to go. The prices of their menu are actually affordable. They even have lots of watercolour reference books at the counter where you can look through and get inspiration from. Also, good news for pet owners, pets are allowed. The cafe owner is very sweet, they prepared chairs and a few pet domes/tents (?) outside of the cafe, catering to pet owners. Luckily for me, no one brought their pets that day.


Cafe exterior: Peach Gray's Instagram



The Jamsil branch is just a short 8 minutes walk away from the 석촌 Seokchon Station Exit #4. The cafe has quite a few tables but since there is no time limit for each customer, turnover is not high. There were no available seats when I arrived so I had to wait outside of the cafe for about 10 minutes. The cafe does not have a reservation system so it depends on your luck if there is a table available when you arrive as I saw at least 5 groups of customers being turned down because every table was taken.


Cafe interior: Peach Gray's Instagram


I ordered two drinks - 봉숭아 홍차 Peach tea 5,000KRW, 아아 iced Americano 4,500KRW, and 수채화 팬케이크 Japanese fluffy pancakes with cream and fruits 13,000KRW. I was told that it would take an hour to prepare the pancakes but I figured I am probably going to spend a long time here scribbling, painting, and channeling my inner Van Gogh so I went ahead and ordered it anyway. 



The pancakes look so visually appealing and I could not wait to dig in (it is my first time trying a Japanese fluffy pancake!). The side of syrup brought the dish to life. The fluffy pancake itself was VERY fluffy and tasted like a souffle. It was like how I imagined an eggy cloud would feel and taste like. Fruits including grapes, strawberries, and blueberries were also fresh and sweet which I appreciate. And to my surprise, it was quite filling even if it was shared between 2 people.



2 drinks and 1 pancake were enough for me to spend 2.5 hours painting in the cafe. Now I can totally understand why no one is leaving. My drawing skills were rusty after at least 10 years since I last draw but I did my best! It was a special and fun quiet way to spend my weekend evening.






Look at all these awesome drawings by some super talented artists 😮 I'm in awe. It is a perfect hangout spot for a group of friends or couples. I had a great time and will definitely drop by again someday.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.